Have you considered nursing informatics as a potential career path for
yourself ? It is a very exciting specialty in nursing and has great potential for positively impacting nursing practice and all patient care.
Informatics nurse specialists is a specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge in nursing/patient practices.
Informatics nurse specialists:
• Supports nurses to improve quality of care and welfare of
health care consumers
• Focus is delivering right information to right person at the
• Ensure confidentiality and security of data and information
and advocates privacy
• Promotes innovative, emerging and established information
• Collaborates with and is closely linked to other health-related
Nursing informatics will continue to grow and be an integral partner in nursing practice everywhere!