Nursing assistants certified out-of-state wishing to transfer their certification to Florida may apply for reciprocity.
Application packets may be obtained by calling 850-488-0595 or 850-245-4567.
• You may transfer your CNA certificate from another state to Florida if the certificate is still active and has not expired or lapsed. You are not required to take the state exam.
• Your certificate must be in good standing with the other state and you will be required to have a background check (FBI).
• The FBI background check will take approximately 6-8 weeks but delays of several months are not uncommon. You are encouraged to apply early.
• You will receive a Florida CNA certificate after your out-of-state certificate has been verified in good standing and your FBI background has been cleared.
Chapter 400.211, F.S. applies to CNAs who work in Nursing homes only:
• Allows persons enrolled in approved training programs to work for 4 months while becoming certified.
• Allows CNAs from other states to work 4 months while completing transfer of certificate to Florida CNA registry
Nursing assistant training & job
Free CNA programs|Free CNA training
CNA skills video
CNA registries Nurse Aide registries
Restorative nursing assistant
Nursing Assistant courses online
How to write a CNA resume
Free CNA resume sample
Patient Care Technician (PCT)
Employee Drug Testing
Best Medical Jobs