Licensed Vocational Nurse | Nursing Assistant | RN | Medical Assistant | Dental Hygienist | Dental Assistant | Pharmacy Tech | Anesthesia Tech | Respiratory Therapist
| Surgical Tech | EMT | Veterinary-Tech | PT Assistant | Physician Assistant | Best Medical Tech Jobs | Best Healthcare Assistants Jobs Therapists | Male Nurse | Best Vision Care Careers | Medical Jokes | Nursing Students | Medical Careers Mosaic | Nurses’ Stories | Best Unusual Medical Jobs| Resume Samples | Viral Images

Orientation and Mobility Specialists Training

Students interested in a career as an orientation and mobility specialist can obtain training in either undergraduate or graduate studies at a college or university, or through a certification program.

Orientation and Mobility Specialists Training

Orientation and Mobility Specialists Training

In_undergraduate studies, leading to a bachelor’s degree, courses are usually offered as a part of a special education or rehabilitation degree program. Certification and licensing requirements for O&M specialists vary by state. In order to work, many states require O&M specialists to obtain a state license or certificate through the state’s board of health, or national certification through the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP).

Furthermore, in most school systems, in order to teach visually impaired children, O&M specialists need additional teaching credentials as required of all school teachers in that state.

Those who successfully complete an O&M program approved by AER, for example, are eligible to become certified. Certification is offered in three disciplines: Orientation & Mobility Specialist (COMS); Rehabilitation Teacher (RT); and Low Vision Therapist (LVT).

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.