Pharmacy School Programs Course Requirements:
Biology: Two semesters or one year with lab.
Human Anatomy and Physiology: One to two semesters with lab.
General Chemistry: Two semesters or one year with lab. It is recommended that these courses be taken in the freshman year since they are prerequisites for organic chemistry.
Organic Chemistry: Two semesters or one year with lab.
Physics: Two semesters or one year with lab. It is recommended that these courses be taken in the sophomore year so that they will be completed by the time of the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) in the junior year.
English: Three semesters with one semester in speech.
Mathematics: One to two semesters of calculus.
Economics: One semester.
Additional Social Sciences or Humanities courses.
Additional Course Recommendations: Microbiology, Psychology.
The program description above meets the requirements for most nationally accredited pharmacy programs. Yet students should become familiar with the particular requirements of all the programs to which they intend to apply.
The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT):
The PCAT is designed to evaluate general academic ability and comprehension of scientific knowledge necessary for pharmaceutical education and is administered three times each year. There is a registration deadline, usually about six weeks prior to the test date. The PCAT is a four-part multiple-choice exam that lasts approximately four hours. The five content areas of the PCAT include: Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Biology, Chemistry, and Reading Comprehension. The exam scale used for the PCAT ranges from approximately 100 to 300, with a median score of 200—there is no failing or passing score.
* Chemotherapy Pharmacy Tech
* Closed Door Pharmacy Technicians
* Community Pharmacy Technician Job
* Drug Rep-Pharmaceutical Salesperson
* Hospital Pharmacy Technician Job
* How to Become a Pharmacy Technician?
* Medication Aide Job
* Nuclear Pharmacists, Radiopharmacists
* Operating Room Pharmacy Technician
* Pharmacy Technician Background Check
* Pharmacy Technician Job With No Previous Experience
* Pharmacy Technician Salary
* Pharmacy Technician Types
* Poison Information Provider