The Emergency Medicine Interest Group is a student run organization geared towards those interested in Emergency Medicine as a specialty and career choice. EMIG is dedicated to providing medical students with unique opportunities to explore the field of emergency medicine.
They organize events and activities to further student education both in clinical skills and academically. EMIG holds regular meetings which includes hands-one clinical skills, interactive presentations and lunch panel discussions with Emergency Medicine Faculty and Residents.
• Introduce medical students to the field of Emergency Medicine
• Organize, develop, and promote interest in the specialty of emergency medicine.
• Encourage and develop student interest in EM through discussion groups, workshops, and attending/medical student mentoring programs.
• Provide clinical exposure for medical students in the Emergency Department.
• Provide guidance through the emergency medicine residency process.
Establish ongoing student education in the art of emergency medicine practices and procedures.
• Provide leadership to promote active student involvement in emergency medicine.
Provide opportunities for pre-hospital and air ambulance ride-along.
Provide observational time in the trauma center and emergency department.
Assist the professional advancement of those students seeking careers in emergency medicine.