Nursing prerequisites are the general requirements that one will need before enrolling for any nursing programs.
Miami Dade College ADN Program Prerequisites:
General Education Courses: English Composition, Critical Thinking and Ethics, College Algebra, Fundamentals of Speech , Growth and Development.
Natural Science Courses: Human Anatomy & Physiology 1, Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab 1 , Human Anatomy & Physiology 2, Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab 2, Chemistry for Health Sciences, Chemistry for Health Sciences Lab, Microbiology.
2. Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5
3. Complete the TEAS Test with a minimum scores of 58.7% or higher.
Miami Dade College Practical Nursing Program Prerequisites:
1. Complete the TABE test.
2. Successfully complete Introduction to Health Care with a grade of “C” or higher.
3. Successfully completed HCP0122, HCP0102Land HCP0102C with a grade of “C” or higher OR hold a current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
4. Complete the TEAS Test with a minimal scores of 41.3% or higher