● Educated and currently certified/licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
● Current CPR certification
● TPR-certified as a Physician Substitute, Donor Processor, Phlebotomist, and Plasma Processor. Certified as a Designated Trainer
● Typically requires 6 years of related experience assessing patients and determining suitability for treatment
● Plasma or whole blood experience preferred.
● Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
Gentiva Hospice, a Gentiva company, is the leader in hospice care, making a difference in the lives of terminally ill patients. Join the hospice team that touches so many. Besides a supportive environment where great works are acknowledged and celebrated, Gentiva employees enjoy competitive salaries and flexible schedules for many positions.
Continuous Care LPN / LVN
Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregiver as directed by the supervising Case Manager or the Patient Care Manager and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with Gentiva’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met.
• Minimum age requirement of 18.
• LPN or LVN licensed in the state where program is located.
• Graduate of accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
• Minimum of one-year general nursing experience required. Community health/Hospice or medical/surgical experience preferred.
• Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
• Understanding of Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
• Good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health certification including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by Odyssey policy and/or state law.
• Valid driver’s license with maintenance of good driving record and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state and/or Odyssey requirements.
• Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
• Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
Gentiva Hospice is now a part of Gentiva Health Services. What brings us together is the care we all have for our patients and their families. We share the same passion for what we do. We believe our work really is our calling.
How do I prepare for the job?
LVN Resume Example
How do I find the job?
LPNs and RNs-similarities and differences
LVN vs RN What is the difference?
Nurses Preceptors to Newly Hired Nurses
Nurses and Overtime-Mandatory Overtime
Career Mapping in Nursing