Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a full-time Continuous Care LPN/LVN to join our team of professionals serving the Indianapolis area. This position works three 12-hour shifts each week, 7pm – 7am, or a combination of day and evening shifts. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
1. Currently Licensed by the state(s) as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
2. Current CPR certification
3. Previous experience in hospice, home health, geriatrics, or general medical/surgical nursing.
4. Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
5. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide high quality, holistic nursing care in accordance with nursing practice standards and health care regulations which govern the practice of professional nursing. Lead licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct resident care and support functions.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Prefer to have experience in nursing in a long-term care facility or similar experience.
Must possess a current and active license to practice as an LPN/LVN in this state.