Gadsden State Community College CNA program
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM
This program takes only 2 semesters to complete and consists of 25 credit hours. Up to 10 students will be admitted each semester.
Classes are conducted at the Valley Street campus in Gadsden during the daytime. Pell Grant assistance is available for students who qualify for financial aid.
This program is different from other N.A. programs in that it prepares students for 3 jobs instead of only 1 :nursing assistant, phlebotomist, and medical unit clerk.
1. A score of 76 or higher and less than 3 years old on the reading portion of a Compass placement test.
2. A high school diploma or GED. There is no minimum grade point average required.
3. A background check must be done prior to admission into the program
1. Apply to Gadsden State Community College.
2. Have appropriate documents on file with GSCC Admissions Office.
3. Apply to Nursing Assistant Program. Please call the nursing Advisor at (256)549-8257 to request an application or you may obtain one online.
4. Submit a background check. This is to be done online www.myvci.com/gadsden. There is a $45.00 fee.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM
Students will be eligible to sit for the certification exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant and seek employment in the fields named above.
In addition, Nursing Assistant students who have graduated and maintained a 2.5 or higher grade point average through out their nursing assistant courses who wish to further their education by applying to the License Practical Nursing Program will be awarded bonus admissions points.
View Larger Map
These incentive points are good for up to 2 years from graduation from the N.A. program. The bonus points do not guarantee you a
seat in the LPN program and does not apply to the RN program.
For more information, please contact the nursing advisor at (256) 549-8257.